Saturday, January 17, 2009

Today In The Mail: & Yesterday At The Record Store

I've been waiting a long time for this order from A389 Records (the Pala record was a pre-order). The Living Hell and Pulling Teeth/Frightener split are both records I have slept on getting. I have the Lockin Out Records version of the Living Hell 7" but wanted to have both and was lucky enough to get such a rare version (I guess Dwid threw together the art for this). This is also the third version of the Integrity - Walpurgisnacht record that has come in the mail for me (A little bit overboard but the record is that good ha). And lastly Pala, this band is very diffrent and I am very very into it.


Living Hell - S/T (Demo Cover) (Out Of 25) (A389 Records)
Integrity - Walpurgisnacht (Green Trash) (Out Of 100) (A389 Records)
Pala - S/T (Out Of 300) (A389 Records)
Pulling Teeth/Frightener (Grey) (A389 Records)

The second half of this post is about what I snagged up at Used Kids. It was not my best day there but I snagged up a few gems (all the records have mainly black covers, weird). The Notwist are amazing you should check them out if you already don't worship them. Them and Wire really helped me open my eyes to different music in my early teens. Conflict is a Anarcho Punk outfit from the UK that with Crass and a few other bands made their own little niche in the whole Punk/Hardcore world. If you don't already hate the government this music just might make pump your fist at cops, judges and normies alike.


Clockwise-
The Notwist - Torture Day (Zero Hour Records)
Case Of Emergency - S/T (Red) (Out Of 100) (Controlled By Plague Records)
Reproach - Is What It Is (Deep Six Records)
Conflict - The Serenade Is Dead (Mortarhate Records)
9 Shocks Terror/Devoid Of Faith (Grey) (Gloom Records)
The Association of Utopian Hologram Swallowers (Owen, Joan Of Arc) (Polyvinyl Records)

No comments: