Sunday, February 1, 2009

We've Got Too Much Heart - Cave 9

Cave 9 is a D.I.Y. entity in Birmingham, Alabama. It's the kind of venue bands talk about loving playing. A place where people who care made a home for so many different scenes and they made sure they all could coexist. The only non-corporately owned, Non bar, totally all ages venue where some huge hardcore superstar act (Terror and Agnostic Front just off the top of my head) or other bigger band would play on their tour. I used to date a girl who lived down there, I have a handful of friends in (or from) the area who attend shows there and it is the farthest away from home I have ever seen shows. The place holds a part of heart and what was going on with it was always something I kept my ear to the ground about. I'm not sure of its status right now but either way this is an important thing to watch (I'm reposting this on my blog from Jimmy's). Places like this are important, the things that happen inside them are important. It shouldn't just be a memory.

Part 1



Part 2

No comments: