Saturday, March 30, 2019

While God Sleeps - Caydence Records - Saint Paul, Mn - 03/29/19

While God Sleeps is a great band from here in Minneapolis, Minnesota who I have been waiting to see play again for nine months (since I saw them play with The Deal last June). Watching them play last night reminded me of bands I used to see play from around my area in the mid 2000s. Hard, heavy, unapologetically metal influenced with kids just going totally bananas. They are not alone in this sounds currently but I feel they stick out more than most, bringing high energy and proficient playing rather than overly technical and stylized music. I'll just be honest here and say it, too many "metalcore" bands right now are just ripping off old bands or doing what they think old bands would do, they are not doing their own thing. While God Sleeps is not one of those bands and they deserve your attention.


While God Sleeps - Caydence Records - Saint Paul, Mn - 03/29/19

No comments: