Saturday, March 30, 2019

Lurk - Caydence Records - Saint Paul, Mn - 03/29/19

Lurk is a band whose most recent release Hi-Fi (on Undertone Records) would have bumped someone out of the (digitally) Best of 2018 list because it's so damn good. Sadly I didn't find out about them until early 2019 when I saw they were booked here with Devil's Den (Kansas City Hardcore). Even though Lurk are a relatively new band I still can't believe I missed both their Demo (2017) and a Promo Tape that also came out last year. I was hoping to grab a copy of Hi-Fi last night at the show but currently due to some hang ups at the plant (read as Record Store Day) the 7" is still yet to be released physically. Also when checking Discogs to see if the band shares members with any other bands I've heard of, I noticed that their singer also is in a band called Vortex, I also missed their demo coming out last year (and are also "damn good"). I've also included a music video they posted yesterday for their song Gouge (off of Hi-Fi), its pretty rad so check it out.


Lurk - Caydence Records - Saint Paul, Mn - 03/29/19


No comments: