Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Today In The Mail: Yesterday In The Mail Vol. 3

After a hellish day in the mail a few days ago I got two packages in the mail. First Dom/A389 Records hooked me up with another set of the records that had been destroyed by the united states postal service. I would like to start by saying how great every part of The Promise repress looks. From the cover (gatefold) to the insert insert and of corse the vinyl they all look beautiful. Its one of the best represses I have ever seen. The Gluttons 7" which was the other pre-order looks great and sounds even better. This band is another one of Human Furnace's sideprojects (he is the singer of Ringworm to any of you newbz) and as it says on A389's site it sounds like a cross between Discharge and Motorhead (though I hear a lot more Motorhead). This record fucking jamz. Included in this was a Pre-order package only repress of the Ringworm - Demo 7". I picked up the original press (that included Bloodbook zine issue number 4) from Phonographic Arts at few months back. This also looks great and includes the lyrics that I can say if I remember the original including.


Ringworm - 1991 Demo (Out Of 300) (A389 Records)
Gluttons - S/T (A389 Records)
Ringworm - The Promise (Gold/Red) (Out Of 300) (A389 Records)

The second package a record that was slated for release sometime last year I believe and the label that had pressed it ended up folding (dude ran off with everyone's money but still bothered to press it). It's a copy of Memorial's - The Creative Process/Berlin. I am super happy about finally being able to hear this and I the label Photobooth Records bought up the copies and sold them through their webstore (some are still available so get a copy for yourself). The package included the handwritten lyrics to July by Mineral on the back of a registration card to a college and a coupon for a select Ocean Spray product.

Memorial - The Creative Process/Berlin (White) (Out Of 300) (Photobooth Records)

No comments: