Saturday, January 11, 2020

Top Split 7”, Singles and Demos of 2019

Usually year end lists leave off these sorts of things (maybe not splits but this was a dry year for them, maybe it has been for a while). Below I have compiled some of my favorites, several really stuck out but they are all worth checking out. 

Top split 7”

Reginal Justice Center / Wound Man (Atomic Action Records)
Not a big year for splits or at least ones that hit my radar. I pulled this out from EPs or anything else really because it is two of my favorite current bands crushing out seven songs on one 7” record. If you haven’t checked it out do so straightaway.

Top Singles

Anxious – Promo 2019 (Triple-B Records)


Fake Eyes – Promo 2019 (New Morality Zine)
Members of Magnitude playing some of the best post-hardcore I have ever heard. Their demo last year blew me away and this promo has me so excited for what is next.

Fiddlehead – Get My Mind Right (Run For Cover Records)



Soul Blind – Promo 2019 (New Morality Zine)
I have most likely listened to this thing fifty times already.

Sunstroke – Fall Risk (New Morality Zine)

Vantage Point – Promo 2019 (Triple B Records)


Top Demos

Band is made up of ex and current members of real deal hardcore bands from Chicago. I was lucky enough to snag the tape in Chicago when I went to see Method of Doubt in October. 

Buggin Out – Demo 2019 (Personal Favorites)


End On End – Demo (Dog Years Records/New Morality Zine)

Love & Trust – Demo 2019 (Trip Machine Labs)
This is something I find myself coming back to over and over again already. A band I am really trying to keep my eye on.

Renegade – Demo 2019 (Nuclear Family Records)

Sunami – Demonstration (Viewpoint Records)
Demo of the year, if you don’t agree “your a bitch”.

Victimized Youth – Demo 2019 (Self Released)

No comments: