Monday, February 8, 2010

Today In The Mail: With All The Stones I Throw

Today the other half of my Blacklisted - Eccentrichine order came from Six Feet Under Records, this was the record half. I've already listened to this 7" quite a few times through and I couldn't imagine a better complement to the new LP (No One Deserves To Be Here More Than Me). The record has two new songs and two that are from other records, these rerecordings are A full band version of P.I.G. from No One Deserves This More Then Me and an acoustic version of Wish from Heavier Than Heaven, Lonelier Than God. I really like the reversal on these songs, seeing as they both appear the opposite ways on their respective albums. Now onto the two new songs, Stones Throw is a great build up to start the record out. I am very into the duel vocals on this song, and on the new record I really think her voice goes very well with his. The other new song is the title track to the record, its a bit faster song with real repetitive feel to it but again its great. I never feel like they take it too far and I think a lot of people think Blacklisted has become some sort of copy of other bands, I personally think they have just grown into the band they have always been progressing into. Oh and this blog is mostly about what the shit looks like and what ones I got so I guess I should talk about that... the records themselves are all really awesome looking. I think the colors they chose really complement the art of the record perfectly. As you can see in the first picture I got another record today, It is the New Found Glory / Dashboard Confessional split 7" I was very excited for finally hear this the other day after waiting forever and having twitter confirmation forever ago that New Found Glory was to cover one of my favorite Dashboard Confessional songs, Saints And Sailors. The other cover they did, Swiss Army Romance is pretty good also. The only thing that surprised me were the Dashboard songs, they were rather slow I hadn't realized they sounded like that now. Either way I am really glad I got a copy and didn't have to pay 17.00 bucks with shipping. Ha.



Blacklisted - Eccentrichine (Dark Red) (Out Of 606) (Six Feet Under Records)
Blacklisted - Eccentrichine (Beer With Red Splatter) (Out Of 305) (Six Feet Under Records)
New Found Glory/Dashboard Confessional (Pink) (Out Of 500) (Epitaph Records)


A. Side and...



B. Side of..

Blacklisted - Eccentrichine (Cream/Green With Red Splatter) (Out Of 103) (Six Feet Under Records)

No comments: