Sunday, February 3, 2019

Gadget - Minneapolis Straight Edge



Gadget is a brand new Straight Edge hardcore band from Minneapolis, Mn. Back in mid December (of 2018) they released their demo online. It was the only demo that made my Best of 2018 (digital) List. Their music is riffy and hard but without incorporating any obvious elements of thrash and beatdown as many modern bands seem to be doing right now. And there is really something about the drumming that I connected with on a "I need to see this band ASAP" kinda thing. Their style is different, as is their production, but when I first listened to this demo it brought me back almost 20 years ago to my first hardcore shows. I needed that reminder, that bands will still be out there doing it, screaming out into the void of a world gone mad, long after I'm gone.

Their first show is tonight with Cross Me, Dare, Low End, Life's Question (who I am also pretty siked on right now).

 

No comments: